Backlinks are incoming links to some website or web page. In the major search engines optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication in the popularity or significance of that website or page (though other measures, for example Pagerank, are likely to be more important).Away from SEO, the backlinks of the webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is taking note of that page.
Backlinks make it easier to keep track of other pages on the web that hyperlink to your posts. For instance, suppose Alice writes a blog entry that Bob finds interesting. Bob then goes toward his very own blog and writes a post of his own regarding it, linking back to Alice’s original post. Now Alice’s post will automatically show that Bob has connected to it, and it will surely offer a short snippet of his text plus a link to his post.
Simple reason, the greater the purchase backlinks, the greater number of the traffic. Suppose there is very good quality website developing a high pagerank.When the site provides a link to hyperlink to your blog, in that case your site has more likelihood of receiving good traffic. You might have seen people leaving their blog address because of their comment. It works as a backlink.
Search engines often use the number of backlinks which a blog or site has as one of the most important factors for determining its search engine ranking. Thus backlinks also improve Pagerank.
Now do you know what backlinks are. But getting backlinks for the blog. It’s pretty easy but very less people adopt these measures
1. Join forums and groups on Yahoo and Google. Write articles, post queries and then leave your blog address there.
2. Write comments on blogs having high Pagerank and leave your site address there.
3. Post good quality articles on back11nks like Ariclecity, goarticles, etc and then leave your blog address there.
4. Be sure your website has good content. If content is good then visitors should come back again.
5. Submit your web site to popular blog directories. Submit to simply those that are experiencing an increased Pagerank.
6. Join social bookmarking sites. These sites bring plenty of free traffic and moreover the traffic is send directly.
Adopt these measures along with your traffic may well be more than double in 90 days. One important point-Pagerank is calculated on the amount of backlinks but be sure to have backlinks on sites that contain a Pagerank. For those who have backlinks on sites of low Pagerank you then Pagerank lowers.